Tech life, country girl.
Dozens of hats over a decade of tech.
Overseeing research, strategy and insights to guide new product direction, acquisition opportunities, and market positioning for emerging technologies. Leading team of strategy, research and metrics professionals while interlocking with product and design teams to steer a sharp organizational pivot from mobile to connected devices.
Responsible for global strategy, roadmap and editorial direction for the Firefox Marketplace app store on Android, Firefox OS mobile devices and Smart TV’s.
- Managed product features and editorial content to achieve >90% retention rate of monthly active users
- Facilitated development of Mozilla’s Web App Developer Initiative focused on accelerating the
internal and external adoption of progressive web technologies
Lead product management and UX teams to plan and execute strategies enriching the web content ecosystem.
- Led content strategy and user experience on Smart TV's, including 2016 launch with Panasonic
- Spearheaded market research and ideation workshops for product expansion opportunities in mobile and connected devices (IoT)
Responsible for go-to-marketing planning and execution around the Firefox OS ecosystem - the first mobile platform built completely on open web standards. Worked across multiple product teams to identify strategic user value propositions, competitive positioning and go-to-market strategies for users and developers of Firefox OS products.
- Led tailored launch activities & promotions for Firefox OS launches across new global markets
- Generated key product messaging for owned media (Mozilla branded websites, blogs, e-mail lists & social media channels), in-store marketing & partner channels, and demo scripts for major global events including Mobile World Congress and CES
- Originated, launched and managed custom content for Firefox & You newsletter, reaching over 20MM users worldwide
- Interlocked with market research team to identify segmentation models for global consumer and developer audiences
- Customized promotional campaigns with top tier partners to serve consumers with exciting content while supporting business development goals
Quaero is a leading customer engagement agency with a simple but powerful focus: using customer insights to drive more profitable, meaningful customer relationships. As a Senior Marketing Consultant, I helped clients look beyond marketing and infuse data-driven intelligence to all customer interactions,—from internal operations to sales and service. Collaborated with senior Marketing executives within client organizations to enable the development and successful execution of cutting-edge Integrated Marketing Programs.
- Provided leadership for large-scale client engagements through planning and execution of data-driven marketing plans, extracting actionable business insights to make strategic recommendations, and integrating digital marketing platforms to enhance customer engagement, loyalty and profitability
- Developed marketing strategies and phased long-term roadmaps, leveraging customer databases, advanced analytics, targeting & segmentation strategies and UX optimization
- Provided account leadership and led strategic planning meetings with C-level executives and key stakeholders while collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand and document business requirements
- Championed internal marketing initiatives & thought leadership by supporting lead nurturing program, co-authoring white papers & intellectual assets, leading website re-design, publishing media & blog content, managing social media strategy & event sponsorships, and positioning company for the Forrester WaveTM
As a Strategy Consultant for EMC's Business Consulting Group, I provided key strategy and directives for Digital media and Marketing Management strategies in relation to financial services companies’ use of predictive analytics, affiliate management and digital marketing programs. Focused on outlining key business programs that would define ROI and incremental business conversions for site optimization & digital marketing.
- Provided strategic recommendations and optimized a $50MM marketing program spanning 6 channels and 30 FTE’s at a Fortune 500 financial company
- Facilitated development of national communications & messaging strategy to support cross-functional revenue growth and strengthen client relationships
- Drove strategy and managed budget for $20MM online marketing channel, reducing acquisition costs by 59% while increasing qualified sales leads by 10%
- Managed project that identified over $17MM in opportunity losses associated with inadequate performance evaluation criteria and poor analytics & reporting
- Defined campaign metrics, reporting & analytics process and KPI’s for digital program
- Collaborated with Public Relations to magnify brand awareness of multiple product lines by creating synergies with search & social marketing campaigns
- Developed performance criteria for and collaborated with third party vendors and creative talent agencies to execute marketing plans
Click to edit position descriptionWorked closely with executive team to expand multi-national Business Development program development for targeted growth markets, including executive relationship development, strategic planning, marketing outreach and partner engagement. Developed and optimized new and current initiatives to support global demand generation program.
- Recipient, internal IBM Award for "creativity & insight" for developing digital media strategy to gain greater brand exposure for industry solutions, assets and offerings
- Created team blogging initiative and provided training to executive team by developing original training manuals, presentations and templates and conducting instructional workshops
- Organized national and international conferences and events, and managed logistics including geo-targeted promotions, advertising design, and content creation for keynote speakers and panelists, including speech-writing and presentation development
- Assisted research and management of global distribution channels, and coordinated Market Development financial forecast & budget log
A few of the projects I've been involved in.
Weekend hobby: a new app for sharing more kindness in our digital lives (Launching summer 2016).
My amazing day job: strategist & advocate for Firefox and the open web
Founded of the first online dress rental service (circa 2006)